Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet port on Airport Express as access point?

Hi,

I have extended my LAN and connected my Airport Express as an wireless access point to my router. On the back of the Airport Express there is an ethernet port apart from the WAN port. So if I connect the LAN cable from my router to the WAN port of the Airport Express, can I use the Ethernet port on the same device for my Smart TV or a printer even if the Airport Express is set up as an access point?

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 6:09 AM

Yes, assuming that the AirPort Express has been set up correctly.

If you need more Ethernet ports, connect a 5-port, 8-port, etc Ethernet switch to the LAN port on the AirPort Express.

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 6:18 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thanks Bob for a very quick reply! That helped me a lot in understanding how this works! And I think I have set up AirPort Express correcty as an access point by connecting it with an ethernet cable from the WAN-port and the other end to one of my router's switch ports and then choosing the "bridge mode" in the Airport Utility.

Ethernet port on Airport Express as access point?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.