Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nikon D60 won't upload to iphoto 9.6 Yosemite

When I try to upload my photos from my D60 into if 9.6.1 (Yosemite), all the thumbs are shown, but then the transfer get s stuck. None of the photos will import, and the upload just freezes. It really appears like the RAW compatibility isn't there, even though the D60 is listed in the RAW compatibility for Yosemite

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 6:03 AM

7 replies

Mar 29, 2015 2:18 PM in response to Yer_Man

I tried importing into a new, blank library, and the same thing happens. The thumbs all appear normal, but after selecting "import all", none of them actually import over. If I shut off the camera during this stalled import, I get an error message saying: DSC_xxxx.jpeg "could not be imported. File is not a recognized format". The file setting on the Nikon D60 is set to JPEG(fine).

Mar 29, 2015 2:29 PM in response to Yer_Man

I don't have a card reader, but they do show up in Image Capture. While in Image Capture, I tried to import them into iPhoto, and it's hung up, just spinning on the first photo. I then tried to import from Image Capture directly to my 'Pictures' folder....and the same thing. Yosemite just doesn't seem to like the format that these images are in

Mar 29, 2015 2:36 PM in response to ma.murphy

Have you tried to import from a different card? Perhaps the card has a problem.

And consider to get yourself a card reader. They are not that expensive and much more convenient than importing directly from the camera. You avoid problems with being in the wrong mode for downloading or the transmission errors, when the battery is low.

Mar 29, 2015 3:01 PM in response to léonie

It doesn't appear like it's a card issue, as I can see all the thumbs in iPhoto before trying to import. I essentially just now gave up (due to frustration) and downloaded the NikonNX 2 application bundle. The Nikon Transfer 2 application read all the JPG files and imported them to my desktop just fine. I then dropped them into iphoto with no issues. I'm not impressed with having to find a work around...but this one does work

Nikon D60 won't upload to iphoto 9.6 Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.