Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I suddenly need a credit card?

6 years of using Apple mobile products, and now I can't download anything (free apps) without a credit card. I have about 14 gig of apps I've downloaded over the years, and I've never been prompted for a credit card. Anyone know why? Thank you.

iPad, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:04 AM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2015 8:23 PM in response to CarlAVII

I probably wasn't clear. I've owned this ipad for about 3 years. I have never needed a credit card to get a free app. Suddenly I can't download any apps anymore. Its requiring a credit card. My account was created years ago when I got my first iphone. The only thing that I'm reading online is how to create a new account without using a credit card. I don't want to make a new account- I want to use my account I've been using for years, if possible.

I appreciate the help. If you have any ideas, it is greatly, greatly appreciated. Thank you!

D

PS - sorry! forgot to add, I have a balance of a few cents over in my account, resting unused. My country is still Canada. I'm not in a family sharing group.

Why do I suddenly need a credit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.