Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod: music disappeared and unknown music appeared??

Hi, i have an Ipod Touch, the 8.2 version. 32 Go.

i opened my ipod touch to listened some music, and instead of having all my songs, they weren't there BUT there are others that appeared (from an artist that i dont even have in my itunes or ipod??). The music I never had now appears on my ipod touch ( less than 20 songs) with a sign of "icloud" on the side of the songs...

When i connect my ipod touch to my Mac, in itunes, the playlists are there, songs are there, but the Audio content in my ipod capacity is almost empty... when i try to press play to listen to my songs from the ipod ( when connected to my computer in itunes), there is an exclamation point that appears ( so the song is not in the ipod)...

I have been looking for the solution in many forums, a few solutions were to click in settings>general>international( my ipod shows language and region and doesnt show international???)>change the language to another temporarly.... they said it would fix the problem but it doesnt work for me. there was also another option, and it was to reset the settings. i didnt do it yet because im affraid to lose some data and I saw that it didnt work for some people so i prefered not to try it yet....

Does anyone have any idea of a solution to have my songs back again.. and the reason WHY I have songs that i NEVER HAD on my ipod??

Thank you soooooo much

iPod touch, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:59 AM

Go to Settings>iTunes and App Store and turn Off Show All and Automatic Download

If still problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Also if U2 album see:

Remove U2 Album

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 8:59 AM in response to magalifrommontreal

Go to Settings>iTunes and App Store and turn Off Show All and Automatic Download

If still problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Also if U2 album see:

Remove U2 Album

Mar 29, 2015 11:46 AM in response to lllaass

Yes it is in fact a U2 album... how strange.

I did the first steps, i also went on your link to remove U2 album. Then i did all the steps and arrived to Reset All Settings... i did my first password but then it asks for a restriction passcode?? i made 3 attempts and it doesnt work.. so I dont remember the passcode!!! what do I do now :S

THanks Llllaass

ipod: music disappeared and unknown music appeared??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.