Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LCD Back Cover of MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) with anti-glare display. The display is working fine and there's nothing wrong with it in anyway (function wise). But the back cover of the display has ALOT of scratches and dents on it and too many sticker residues (as well as around and on the Apple logo). Can I just change the back cover without having to change the display itself (as it is working just fine)? If so, where can I buy it form and where do I find a guide for this?

Thank you all in advance.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), A1286

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:09 AM

4 replies

Mar 29, 2015 9:09 AM in response to TheyCallMeCJ

There is this one here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0 .Xlate+2011+macbook+pro+15+display+back.…

The difficulty is removing the glued in glass from the display face. Then I have no idea how the LCD is affixed inside.

Clearly this guy on eBay was able to disassemble them. You might ask him, also a good way to find out if he's going to be good to deal with.

The price difference between just the back plate and the entire display would make the job worthwhile if you felt you were up to it.

Post back if you get a line on a teardown.

LCD Back Cover of MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.