Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod

Im planning on syncing my ipod with iTunes that has no songs, apps, or books installed. Will the songs in my ipod be transfered to a new iTunes? Ive heard some stories before that they tried syncing their iPhones in a new iTunes that has 0 data and their iPhones are like restored. Im planning on syncing my iTouch to transfer files from my device to my PC.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:05 AM

Other than transferring Store purchases, sync operations work one way: iTunes to iDevice. The latter are not designed or suitable as data storage / data transfer devices. You should copy your complete iTunes library from the computer that it is on currently to the new one - see How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support. If you don't have access to your previous library or a backup of it, see turingtest2's user tip on Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 9:05 AM in response to Joe Hannes

Other than transferring Store purchases, sync operations work one way: iTunes to iDevice. The latter are not designed or suitable as data storage / data transfer devices. You should copy your complete iTunes library from the computer that it is on currently to the new one - see How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support. If you don't have access to your previous library or a backup of it, see turingtest2's user tip on Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.