Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i input my apple id and password into my airport extreme?

I had to change my apple password when I was out of the country. Now I am showing an error on my apple airport extreme IT is saying my Apple ID and Password cannot be authenticated. When I go into my airport utility on my phone it says edit setting, but I see no where to change my apple id and password. Does anyone have a walk through?

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:26 AM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 12:03 PM in response to Financeman1

Where are you seeing this error message? The AirPort base stations do not use (or store) your Apple ID and associated password, unless you used it for your Wi-Fi's network name & security password ... bad idea, btw.

A couple of things. Make sure that your personal information for your Apple ID is correct. Now that the Apple ID has two-stage security, if you set this up, be sure that you have everything working properly. I would suggest that you go to the Apple ID support site for additional assistance.

how do i input my apple id and password into my airport extreme?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.