Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with iMail

Hi, I can receive emails but cannot send them. I have looked at similar problems and have reset all my account settings but still no luck. I am wondering if it could be a corrupt plist but I don't want to change anything as I am not that familiar with deleting plists. I would appreciate any help.....thanks and regards......

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:23 AM

Click, read and follow the steps in Can receive email, but not send email

6 replies

Apr 9, 2015 8:21 AM in response to trevorpen

I'm having the same problem. It just started yesterday. Suddenly AOL and ATT stopped sending through Mail on my MacBook. Still work fine on my iPhone and iPad. Two other accounts in Mail are still working fine. I've checked the settings, and everything looks right. It acts like it's sending the messages, but they don't go through. They also don't show up in the sent mail folder. They were showing up in the Ttash folder along with several copies of the same email. They act like they're being sent. I just found out accidentally when some friends didn't get my emails.

Apr 9, 2015 2:12 PM in response to Dkornf

I have sorted my problems out but only after I completely wiped both incoming and outgoing settings and deleted my email accounts and then recheck my settings from my provider. In other words I started from a blank sheet. Having reset everything it still did not work until I rebooted my MAC and bingo all was OK.

Hope you get sorted soon....cheers

Help with iMail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.