Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Star Wars Rebels in-app purchase to transfer to children's Family Share account?

My wife downloaded the Star Wars Rebels game to her iphone and to the kids ipod/iphone with a different apple id. We then purchased the full version from inside the app for $5.00. I deleted the version on the kids phone, and went through the family share purchases in itunes to download the version that my wife had. The game works but is limited because it is still telling us that we need to buy it.

How do I get the in-app purchases to transfer to my kids (family share) account.

Yes I tried the restore purchases button in the app already with no success.

MAIL-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:07 AM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 2:02 PM in response to Matt Murray NH

Hi, Matt.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are running into an scenario where an in-app purchase will not show on a Family Sharing device. At this time, in-app purchases are not able to be shared via Family Sharing. I did verify that the Star Wars Rebels app is able to be shared, but the Content Packs offered with this app are in-app purchases. If you wish to access the Content Pack on another device, you would need to purchase it on that device.

There are a few things that you can't share:

• Songs added to iTunes Match from outside the iTunes Store
  • In-App Purchases
  • Items that are no longer available on the iTunes Store
  • Items that were hidden
  • Apps that aren't shareable

Which purchased content can I share using Family Sharing

Cheers,

Jason H.

May 7, 2015 2:43 PM in response to jason269

I purchased the in-app purchase on my child's device for Star Wars Rebels, but I can't get it to work despite the answer given above. I disabled restrictions on his device, he went into the game and clicked to purchase the in-app upgrade. I received his request on my device because I have the family sharing set so I need to approve all purchases. I approved the purchase and he received the approval notice. Nothing happened, so he closed the app and restarted. Still nothing. I restarted the iPad and still nothing. The extra 31 levels and other items don't show up, but the money has been deducted from my account. Is there a trick to the in-app purchasing on a family share device or will it just not work and I need to request my money back?

How to get Star Wars Rebels in-app purchase to transfer to children's Family Share account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.