Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 8.2 battery drain

Hi everyone , I just upgraded my iphone 6 to ios 8.2 , everything is fine but i checked that my battery drain 1-2 % without use ! is it normal ? or it need to restaure the phone via itunes ! thank u 🙂

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:47 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 10:24 AM in response to ZknowlesCarter

Did you just upgrade it?

Beware that the 8.2 update adds lots of stuff in preparation for new and upcoming stuff (i.e., the Watch, HealthKit, ResearchKit, etc.). So besides all the setup tasks the phone must do for that one time, new stuff gets placed and enabled. Might want to go thru the entire Settings pages and make sure that only stuff you need is up and running.

My i6+ has shown capability to last for up to 5 days away from its charger. But that doesn't count vs. yours since it does have a way bigger battery.

Mar 30, 2015 9:56 PM in response to Courcoul

I have never complained about Battery drain on any other iOS device I've every owned from an upgrade… That is until now.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Up until last week (When I updated to 8.2) I was able to get two, sometimes on in to three days on a charge on my battery with normal use.

Litterally the next day, after I update, my barely get a single day before the battery drains to Zero and the phone shuts off.

I used to get through an entire work day and the battery would only drain to about 85%.

Now, when I get off work, it is at 50% or less. Then by the time I go to bed, it has long since shut off from low battery.

My iPhone also says that Safari is the main culprit of power consumption.

Even when the phone is in Airplane mode, it drains quickly. In the past, the phone didn't drain at all when in Airplane mode.

What gives apple?!? I'm going to get an apt with the apple store. I've tried to downgrade back to 8.1.3 but I missed the window and it won't let me.

I'm going to demand they do it from the store.

I have gone in to Settings and turned every bit of useless garbage off but to no avail. This is unacceptable.

Ios 8.2 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.