Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone upgrade best way to transfer to a new phone

Hi

Just got a new iPhone 6 and currently have an iPhone 5. whats the best way to back it up etc so that all appears on my new phone. I have a macbook. iCloud is also on.

Therefor trying to make myself clear, what order should I swap the sim over etc after doing what...

thanks

Nick

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 10:11 PM

Howdy Nick,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If you want to get all of the content from your old iPhone to your new iPhone 6, then I recommend that you back up your old iPhone to iTunes, and then restore from that backup on your new iPhone. To learn how you can do this process, please see the information in the article below.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 10:11 PM in response to NickyNotebook

Howdy Nick,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If you want to get all of the content from your old iPhone to your new iPhone 6, then I recommend that you back up your old iPhone to iTunes, and then restore from that backup on your new iPhone. To learn how you can do this process, please see the information in the article below.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

iphone upgrade best way to transfer to a new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.