Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on MacBook showing greyed out songs under music in iPhone when connected

Ok, so I've been having this issue for months now but I've put off contacting customer support thinking a future update would fix the issue. I'll try and explain the best I can. So, every now and then I'll purchase music on my iPhone 6 Plus on the fly. I'll hear a song at a pub or restaurant and if I like it I'll usually Shazam it then download it. Then when I get home I'll sync the song to my iTunes on my MacBook and erase it from my phone so it doesn't take up too much space. However, when I connect my phone to my MacBook to back it up (and I do this weekly), I notice that under the music tab there will be several songs (ranging from 1-30) that will be queued for download but don't actually download into my iPhone. The only way to delete them is to change the settings to "Manually manage music" but when I disconnect and connect it back they are there again. The only permanent solution I have found is to completely restore my iPhone but whenever I download music from my phone again I have to restore it otherwise songs will pop again when I reconnect my phone. Also, when I sync a playlist on my iPhone for any specific event/reason, my device automatically creates a playlist called "purchased" but only like several random songs from the playlist I create will be there. Whats the deal with that since all my music is downloaded from iTunes. This probably isn't a big issue but I am a little OCD about things and like for everything to be in order. Basically, what you see is what you get. So when this happens I feel like theres something I am missing or doing wrong and it just drives me up a wall. I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if they have found any fix for this.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:26 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes on MacBook showing greyed out songs under music in iPhone when connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.