Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos from iPhone 5

My iPhone 5 (v iOS 8.2) shows that I have 0 photos, but when I plug it into my Mac (v OS X Yosemite 10.10.2) to sync, the iTunes (12.1.0.50)status bar shows I have 312 (1.77 GB) of photos. I want to free up this space. How do it do this?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 12:17 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 8:49 AM in response to jb3825

Greetings jb3825,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand there is a discrepancy between the amount pictures showing on your iPhone and the amount showing in iTunes. In this situation, there are a couple of steps that I would recommend working through.

First, please back up your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes to ensure your information is safe.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

After backing up, I would suggest manually placing your iPhone in recovery mode and performing an update as described in the next attached article. This will reinstall your iPhone Operating System without erasing any of your data.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

Cheers,

Joe

Deleting photos from iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.