Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod wont turn on

A few weeks ago I dropped my iPod Classic and it died straight away. I tried turning it on and nothing was happening. I waited a week and then plugged it in to my computer and it came back on again after 10 minutes or so. I unplugged it and it died a few hours later. I have now tried to plug it in again and after waiting 30 mins realised it wasn't coming back on again. It has all my songs on it so really don't want to lose everything on it. (I know I should of backed it up 😟) What is the problem? Is it the battery? Can it be fixed? Thank you

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:47 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 2:26 PM in response to Jess621

Hello Jess621,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that after dropping your iPad it will no longer power on, nor will it display anything when it is plugged in. First, with the iPad plugged in to a power source, please reset the iPad.

To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the iPad is still unresponsive, then it may need to be evaluated further for a hardware issue. To learn more about obtaining service please see the link below.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Take care,

Alex H.

iPod wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.