Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This is a continuation of my earlier question. The CDs are burning with a .cda or .cdda format I read the articles suggested, but I don't yet have an answer. The files I am trying to burn are not protected. They are personal recordings.

The CDs are in a .cda format. I am starting with .AAC or mp3. I have no player that can handle a .cda or .cdda format. This relates to my earlier question. I could not see how to add to that. I am using Vista 32 bit. I never had a problem with this before. I tried re-downloading itunes. I can burn a CD with Power2Go 8 and RealPlayer. I have not tried others.

Gateway FX530XV

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 10:22 AM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 10:48 AM in response to AGreene156

There is no "cda format" - this is just how Windows Explorer shows the tracks on an audio CD that can be played on any CD player. When you use iTunes to burn a playlist to an audio disc, it creates a standard "Red Book" disc, converting the format of the files within the iTunes library to 16/44.1 audio (albeit without recovering any of diminished quality of mp3 or aac data). If you want to create a CD that contains the files from iTunes, in the format in which they exist in the library, you should use the MP3 CD or Data CD selection from the iTunes Burn Settings dialog.

This is a continuation of my earlier question. The CDs are burning with a .cda or .cdda format I read the articles suggested, but I don't yet have an answer. The files I am trying to burn are not protected. They are personal recordings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.