Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the difference between "Take in" and "Send in" service?

I have an iPhone 6 that reboots frequently for no reason. As the warranty is still valid, I want Apple to review it. I bought it in the States but I don't live there, and I'll be back for 3 days. Visiting the support website it gives me 2 options:

• SEND IN FOR SERVICE: Send it to Apple for repair or replacement.
  • TAKE IN FOR SERVICE: Find an Apple Retail Store or local Apple Authorized Service Provider

I assumed that if I took it to a store they would replace it. But seems they won't. I can't understand the difference between this Two types of service.

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:57 AM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2015 5:09 PM in response to Polaquita

If you take it in, they will make a diagnosis on the spot and let you know what your

options are. If the iPhone qualifies for replacement, the replacement will take

place immediately.

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar to avoid delay. If you will be going to Apple on/after

April 10, expect large crowds due to the beginning of  Watch demos.

Make a Genius Bar Reservation

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Mar 29, 2015 8:05 PM in response to Polaquita

Rebooting is a sign of a software issue. Simply backup your iPhone to iTunes and then click the "Restore iPhone" button and that should take care of your issue. If it comes back, then an app in your saved backup is the issue.

BTW, you don't need an appointment (although it's nice to have) and you can just walk in to have them check out the phone and/or replace it. If they need to service it, then don't go in near closing time otherwise they may not be able to repair it promptly whereas you're left without a phone for the evening or days (if they don't have the part(s) in stock).

What is the difference between "Take in" and "Send in" service?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.