Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I take photo's and video's off my iPhone without using iPhoto? It keeps crashing and to update I need to remove my photos…a catch 22??

How do I take the photo's and video's off my iPhone?... if 'iPhoto' on my mac keeps continually crashing and now refuses to open…?

I need to do this to update my apple software in iTunes, so that I can rid the bugs on my phone and take photo's again.

Is there another way to take the photos/videos off my iPhone and onto the mac? and also to delete them off the phone after I have put them on my hard drive?

It use to be as simple as find, drag and drop into a folder on my old pc. This should be much simpler, any advice or direction extremely welcome……?

From iphotofandango

iPhone 5s, macbook pro

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:51 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 2:29 PM in response to Iphotofandango

Hi Iphotofandango,

There is an alternative to using iPhoto for transferring photos from an iOS device. You can use Image Capture, which will allow you to transfer photos easily. Image Capture is a tool already on your Mac. The following article may help:

Image Capture: Transfer images and other items from your device

Transfer images, video clips, and MP3 sounds to your computer from many cameras and devices that contain a camera, such as your iPhone. Once you transfer the items, you can delete them from the device.

1. Connect your device to your computer, then turn the device on.

If the device is locked with a passcode, enter it.

2. In Image Capture, select the device in the Devices list.
  3. Use the buttons at the bottom of the Image Capture window to view the thumbnails as a list or as icons to change the size of the thumbnails, or to rotate or delete images.
  4. From the Import To pop-up menu, choose where to save the images or which app to use to open the image.
  5. To import only some of the photos, select those photos, then click Import. To import all the photos, click Import All.

Choose AutoImporter from the “Connecting this [device] opens” pop-up menu to transfer images from a device to your computer whenever you connect it to your computer.

6. Select “Delete after Import” to remove the items from the device after transferring them to your computer. You can also select individual items on your device, then press the Delete key on your keyboard.

For more information about connecting and using your device, refer to the documentation that came with it.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

How do I take photo's and video's off my iPhone without using iPhoto? It keeps crashing and to update I need to remove my photos…a catch 22??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.