Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5s got wet, what should i do?

Yesterday, I was at a pool party with my friends and i brought my iphone 5s that was in a water-proofed bag(its like a ziplock bag but more secure) to the pool (for you know selfies and ****) and i put the bag with my iphone in my pocket then went in to the pool. Of course, I was very unsure with this idea but my friend said it'll be okay so i just left it in my pocket for just about 1 min or 30 sec in the pool because i got worried and checked it. WELL WHAT DID I KNOW, WATER WAS IN THE BAG BUT LITERALLY MY IPHONE GOT WATER DAMAGED BY A SMALL AMOUNT OF WATER IN THE BAG. And yes, i checked if the bag would be secure many times before i went in the water. So after i realized that my phone got water damaged, i immediately wiped it with a towel and blow dried it for 10 min or so but nothing occurred, screen was still black. I was trying to find a bag of rice but of course, it was a pool party, noone has a bag of rice1?!?? So i just put my iphone to sit and didnt touch it until i got home. Today, it still doesnt show any signs of resurrection so im going to take it to apple this week.

Well, life isn't naive so i just accepted it plus im in apple care so whenever my phone gets damaged, it'll be repaired by apple but one thing i'm worried is about the data because it has been a month since i last backed up my phone.

Can apple retrieve my data (especially my photos, photos are so important)? What should i do to retrieve it in any way possible???

Any suggestions or advices are appreciated, thanks.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:12 AM

4 replies

My iphone 5s got wet, what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.