Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought a in app purchase but I didn't receive it.

So on Saturday I bought the $57.99 clash of clans gem pack to see that I didn't receive it but was charged for it. After calling Apple support I was refunded for two $20 dollar packs that I didn't buy but the $57.99 pack they said was immediately declined by my bank. After checking my online banking I can see I was charged for the $57.99 pack but the date posted next to it is March 30th (Monday) and the date I originally bought the gems was March 28th (Saturday). After digging around I found out Saturday and Sunday and holidays are not days that are considered business days. Does that mean my $57.99 pack of gems will go through on Monday? The bank I use is CIBC so if anyone has any experience with this please let me know as soon as you can. I really can't find a community to properly post this to but if you have a better suggestion for one let me know.

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 10:59 AM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2015 12:18 PM in response to SolitudeMusic

How does it show on your card statement e.g. is it just a temporary store holding charge ? If it is then your card issuer should remove it from your account within a few days or so (the time varies by card issuer).

Temporary store holding charges : iTunes Store & Mac App Store: About payment card authorization holds - Apple Support

Does it show on your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support ? If it does then that implies that the purchase went through successfully, in which case either you should have either received the item, or your bank declined it and it should disappear off your card, or iTunes Support should deal with it : http://reportaproblem.apple.com

Mar 29, 2015 1:11 PM in response to SolitudeMusic

Not sure whether might means that it went through successfully. Does it show on your iTunes account's purchase history ? You could wait a few days to see if it disappears off your card, and if not (and if you don't receive the item) contact iTunes Support again, either via the the 'report a problem' page : http://reportaproblem.apple.com

Or via this page : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

Mar 29, 2015 1:13 PM in response to King_Penguin

I checked my purchase history it does not show the 2 payments that were made on Saturday on it and Apple said they can't refund that because it doesn't show it going through their systems as successful but the money isn't in my card anymore. They told me to try and wait a couple days and see what happens but I'm not sure if anything will.

Bought a in app purchase but I didn't receive it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.