Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the best wifi router?

what is the best wifi router? I have a netgear which required that I set my devices with static/manual IPs etc... and yet still losing connection at least once a day. Is airport express my best option to connect both apple and PC devices?

iOS 6

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 10:54 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 11:40 AM in response to Im_2000

Sorry, but that would be difficult to answer. What is best for you will depend on a number of factors, including: current networking hardware, network environment, your budget, etc.

If you are sure that your current Netgear router is not working for you, I would recommend that you first establish you basic networking requirements. That is, what do you want your network to do? What area do you want for Wi-Fi coverage? What can your current networking clients support, both for radio mode (802.11g, 802.11n, or 802.11ac) and wireless encryption types (WEP, WPA, or WPA2)? Will you be streaming HD video content on your local network, and/or from the Internet? What bandwidth (download/upload) is your ISP providing you?

From there we might be able to make sum recommendations.

what is the best wifi router?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.