Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Cellular Calls

Hi everyone,

I'm using MBP running Yosemite 10.10.2 and iPhone 5S running iOS 8.2,

lately i had problem with iphone cellular calls because the option to turn it on is missing both on the mbp and iphone

before i updated the ios its work nice and well for me, does anyone have any suggestion how to fix it?

and for additional information i already sign in to the same apple id in both devices and also i already make sure they are on the same wifi network. the message relay is work well.

Thank you

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 10:24 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 6:23 AM in response to Appleuser11

Hello Appleuser11,

It sounds like you’re running into an issue enabling the Phone calls Continuity feature on your iPhone 5s and MacBook Pro. Take a look at the article linked below which you can use to ensure your devices are configured correctly.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

Phone calls

With Continuity, you can make and receive cellular phone calls from your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac when your iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network.

To make and receive phone calls, here's what you need:

1. Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices, including your Mac.
  2. Your iPhone and your iPad or iPod touch need to use iOS 8 or later. Your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  3. All devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
  4. All devices must be signed in to FaceTime using the same iCloud account. This means any device that shares your Apple ID will get your phone calls. Look below for instructions on how to turn off iPhone cellular calls.
  5. Wi-Fi Calling needs to be off. Go to Settings > Phone. If you see Wi-Fi Calling, turn it off.

Cheers,

-Jason

Iphone Cellular Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.