Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I load Garageband for mac into garageband on the iPad?

Hi all,

This is so frustrating, but I can't find a reasonable answer anywhere. I'm trying to collaborate with friends on songs and we can share the .band files between macs no problem. The issue we have is when it comes to laying down tracks on an iPad. We can't send the Mac version of the .band file to the iPad, but we can go the other way.

What's the best way around this? Should we record everything on iPads and do the final mix on the Mac?

Is there a way to convert between the two?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kev

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 12:37 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 12:45 PM in response to Kev_Thomas

What's the best way around this? Should we record everything on iPads and do the final mix on the Mac?

Is there a way to convert between the two?

The project compatibility between iPad and Mac is only one-way.The Mac can open iPad projects, but not the other way round.

You'll have to do the final mix on a Mac.

If you want to open GarageBand for Mac songs in GarageBand on an iPad, you can only share the Mac version to iTunes as an audio file and sync it with iTunes to the iPad, then open it from the Loop Browser.

Why can't I load Garageband for mac into garageband on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.