Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 8 download button is gone

On Safari 8, the download button to the right of the toolbar is missing on one of my systems. it is there on the other systems. I tried checking to add it from preferences, but it isn't an option in Safari Preferences, nor in System Preferences. Any thoughts?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2010

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 12:56 PM

4 replies

Feb 2, 2016 9:08 PM in response to dominic23

Hi! Sorry to bump this thread, but I have the same issue. I tried downloading an image but it wouldn't work. It usually goes to the downloads folder thing on the dock, but I accidentally removed it, and I also don't know how to get that back.

The thing is, I need to be able to access the download button so I can install my Norton Anti-virus. It says to click the downloads button, then double-click the Norton installer, then click "Open" - steps I am familiar with, though I cannot access the downloads button, even when I download something.

Feb 3, 2016 4:29 AM in response to electra's pepsi-cola

electra's pepsi-cola wrote:

Hi! Sorry to bump this thread, but I have the same issue. I tried downloading an image but it wouldn't work. It usually goes to the downloads folder thing on the dock, but I accidentally removed it, and I also don't know how to get that back.

The thing is, I need to be able to access the download button so I can install my Norton Anti-virus. It says to click the downloads button, then double-click the Norton installer, then click "Open" - steps I am familiar with, though I cannot access the downloads button, even when I download something.

Your computer doesn't need an anti-virus program, especially any Norton product. They can't actually protect you from anything anyway, as there are no viruses currently in the wild that can do any damage to OS X. The only thing Mac users need to be aware of is adware/malware, and that's installed by you — it gets on your computer when you download something from some place you shouldn't, like an aggregate download site, and there is no program in the world that can keep you from doing that. Only your common sense can.

Safari 8 download button is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.