Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does the Macbook Air processor compare to the new Macbook 2015?

I have a burning question with the release of the New MacBook just around the corner...how does the Macbook Air processor compare to the new Macbook 2015 ? I am sure i am not the only one to wonder about this.

OK so i have been seduced by the New MacBook 2015's looks but is it really worth going for when the MacBook Air has been reduced in price? I was thinking of going for the top model and throwing all the spec i can at it in the hope it would last some time but it would be useful to know what the base models compare like. Is the new CoreM a match for the i5 in real life?

• 1.6GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz (Base MacBook Air)
  • 1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor Turbo Boost up to 2.4GHz (Base New MacBook 2015)

Thanks in advance!😉

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 12:43 PM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 1:24 PM in response to Kappy

Thanks for the reply Kappy. I have spent many an hour trying to make something of this, looked at as many as I could find and obviously I am not clever enough to determine this, hence my post here. There are of course plenty of benchmark testing of other processors but none I could understand the relevance to the new MacBook's - easy graph or bar chart is about my limit it seems

any suggested sites to expand my brain would be fab

Ty

How does the Macbook Air processor compare to the new Macbook 2015?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.