Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My PC is not shown in 'Computers' on Apple TV, despite Home Sharing been turned on?

I have just installed Apple TV and now want to share my music from my PC. Although I have turned on Home Sharing on my PC, Apple TV will not recognise any libraries in the app Computers and instead just tell me to make sure Home Sharing is on - which it is. My Apple TV is wifi and my PC is via Ethernet cable but I am led to believe that should make no difference at all? Can anyone please offer some advice?

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 2:29 PM

The connection should not matter though some routers can treat the two as separate networks.

I would definitely restart the router, iTunes and AppleTV if you've not done so.

If that doesn;t help, do you have any Firewall software running which might be blocking connections?

Ports required:

TCP and UDP ports and protocols used by Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple's Home Sharing info:

Troubleshooting Home Sharing - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 2:29 PM in response to Pachacaid

The connection should not matter though some routers can treat the two as separate networks.

I would definitely restart the router, iTunes and AppleTV if you've not done so.

If that doesn;t help, do you have any Firewall software running which might be blocking connections?

Ports required:

TCP and UDP ports and protocols used by Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple's Home Sharing info:

Troubleshooting Home Sharing - Apple Support

My PC is not shown in 'Computers' on Apple TV, despite Home Sharing been turned on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.