Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina Screen Coming Off

Hey guys I noticed my screen has been wobbly for the past two weeks and today when I tried closing my laptop I saw it won't close properly as it is off-alligned. I now notice that the black strip that goes from the base of the notebook to the monitor is coming off on one side. Is there anyway to fix this or do I need to bring it in to get fixed. How much would this cost for repair?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 12:24 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 12:43 PM in response to JoeThePro

Hi,

Looking at those images, the cover has snapped somehow so it would most likely require a whole new display assembly.

I could be wrong however the images look as though the cover is quite badly damaged so I doubt there would be anything you could do to resolve this.

Is the unit still under warranty?

If so, or if it's covered by AppleCare, as long as there's no signs of this being caused by yourself, it should be covered.

If not, with it being a Retina and a 15" model going by the visible speaker grills, the replacement would probably be quite pricey although I cannot give you a guaranteed cost.

Your best bet is obviously to take to an Apple Store Genius Bar or AASP for a quote.

Thanks,
Oliver

Apple Certified Mac Technician

Apple Certified Associate - Mac Integration 10.9

MacBook Pro Retina Screen Coming Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.