Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Filling out Canadian Tax Form GST506 E

Hi,

I am registered Apple Developer from Canada. In "Part D" of this form it says that "Have an authorized person of your company sign and date w/t his/her title".

I'm not involved in a company, whatsoever. I am an Individual that would like to create apps. What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:03 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 1:20 PM in response to shane48

shane48 wrote:

Hi,

I am registered Apple Developer from Canada. In "Part D" of this form it says that "Have an authorized person of your company sign and date w/t his/her title".

I'm not involved in a company, whatsoever. I am an Individual that would like to create apps. What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Start a business. 🙂 Because Apple collects HST on your behalf, you will need a business number and HST account from CRA. From Canada's perspective, you don't need that if your sales are under $30k a year. But everything is special where Apple is concerned. You can form a sole proprietorship or partnership. That is good enough to get a business number you can give to Apple. But it won't do much for you with Apple. You will still be considered an individual. You would have to form a corporation if you wanted a true business account. That would be a slow process as there are many hoops to jump through.

Filling out Canadian Tax Form GST506 E

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.