Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is email "send" button now inoperable?

I just upgraded to IOS 8.2 on my iPhone 4S. I click on an email in contacts as usual, write the email, but then am unable to click "send" because send is grayed-out and inoperable. I am only able to save my email as a draft or to delete it. Of course once I save it as a draft, I can then go into drafts and send it, but it wastes time and I don't want extra steps I shouldn't have to take in the first place. What happened?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 11:59 AM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 5:08 PM in response to snakemom

I too have had the exact same problem for weeks on end. I spoke with an Apple and a Verizon rep recently. Verizon didn't have a clue. Apple rep said they are aware of this issue and are working on a bug fix - but when??? This is a service we are paying for and not able to use! Please fix it asap!

Snakemom, I hope they fix it soon. I'm a Realtor and need to be able to contact them mainly by email during the day! I feel your pain.

Good luck to us!

Maddyg

Why is email "send" button now inoperable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.