Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new apple tv says that the date and time can't be set

My new apple tv say that it cannot set the date and time

Apple TV, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:51 PM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2015 7:06 AM in response to vazandrew

I'm having the same issue today on several of our Apple TVs. I am the Director of Technology in a school district and starting this morning I am getting reports that Apple TVs are not working and upon investigation they all sit at setting date and time. All network setting are properly configured. The firewall is set to allow port 123 both TCP and UDP from all internal clients. It occurs both over WiFi and Ethernet.

Is the Apple Time Server experiencing issues?

May 10, 2015 2:42 AM in response to mrfrerichs

I found out how to access my modem- Shaw Advance WIFI (SBG6782). I didn't need to connect to the modem with an ethernet cable as I was able to do this wirelessly using information I located through Shaw, my internet provider, by following the steps on this link specific to my brand of modem. https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1046#advancedwifi

I had to change the 'Access Control' under the 'Wireless' settings to include Apple TV as a 'Managed' device so that it could be unblocked and part of the 'Allow All' listing.

As soon as I did that, I logged in again and gained immediate access. This after about 6 hours of troubleshooting and deep breathing exercises, lol.

Here is a screen shot of what it looked like after I made the changes. Before this, Apple TV was not under 'managed' devices.

Not sure if this helps anyone, especially if you have different modems, but if I could figure it out, I thought anyone could, LOL!

User uploaded file

My new apple tv says that the date and time can't be set

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.