Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i replaced y ipad air digitizer and it started acting up as soon as I turned it on. All tests that I preformed during the installation indicated that the installation was working. Once final installation was done. The iPad had "phantom" touches all o

i replaced y ipad air digitizer and it started acting up as soon as I turned it on. All tests that I preformed during the installation indicated that the installation was working. Once final installation was done. The iPad had "phantom" touches all over the screen. I was attempting to check the settings and again the it started typing, going through all settings and typing random things. It somehow type in a 4 digit pass code I have no idea what it is. Now I cannot open my iPad to deactivate "Find-My" so I can set up a repair/service ticket for it. Is there any way to send it in for repairs in its current condition? Or should I consider this a paperweight now?

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:59 PM

4 replies

Mar 29, 2015 2:43 PM in response to Jeb Hobbs

Jeb Hobbs wrote:

i replaced y ipad air digitizer and it started acting up as soon as I turned it on. All tests that I preformed during the installation indicated that the installation was working. Once final installation was done. The iPad had "phantom" touches all over the screen. I was attempting to check the settings and again the it started typing, going through all settings and typing random things. It somehow type in a 4 digit pass code I have no idea what it is. Now I cannot open my iPad to deactivate "Find-My" so I can set up a repair/service ticket for it. Is there any way to send it in for repairs in its current condition? Or should I consider this a paperweight now?

It appears that you didn't do the repair properly. Apple will not touch it as they consider this to be abuse. You own a flat brick, probably too large for a paperweight.

i replaced y ipad air digitizer and it started acting up as soon as I turned it on. All tests that I preformed during the installation indicated that the installation was working. Once final installation was done. The iPad had "phantom" touches all o

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.