Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad won't print to my HP 2540 printer but it use to

My Ipad won't print to my printer HP 2540 but it use to

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, null

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 5:07 PM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2015 10:03 AM in response to doreenfromst. john's

Greetings doreenfromst. john's,

I understand you are unable to use AirPrint. I have linked to an article which provides troubleshooting steps you may want to explore:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

If you're unable to print

Check these things if you are unable to print, or if you see the message "No AirPrint Printers Found."

1. Make sure your printer has paper, and enough ink or toner installed.
  2. Make sure your printer is connected to the same network as your Mac or iOS device.
  3. Make sure your printer has power and is turned on. Try turning your printer off and then back on again to see if it resolves the issue.
  4. Check to see if your printer has any error lights or indicators. Check the documentation that came with your printer to clear any errors displayed.
  5. Check with your printer's manufacturer to see if any firmware updates are available for your printer. Check your printer's documentation or contact the printer vendor for more information. A firmware update may be available, even if you just bought your printer.

The information below is provided by each manufacturer and is updated once a month by Apple. You can use the Find feature of your web browser (usually Command-F) to search for a specific device in this list. If you don't see your printer or server listed, check with the printer manufacturer for more information.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

my ipad won't print to my HP 2540 printer but it use to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.