Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto fails to render files for export to certain folders after upgrade

I just upgraded to Yosemite and the latest version of iPhoto but I now unfortunately get an error message when I try to export photos. It seems to work if I export to the main Documents folder but fails if I try to export to a sub folder of the main Documents folder (very odd) which is where I want the exports to be saved. The error message says "Unable to render file for export:/Volumes/NO NAME/DCIM/IMG-1058.jpg". I don't know why the path name shown here is a SD Card path which is not connected. Hope someone can help? It worked fine before the upgrade to iPhoto 9.6.1

Thanks

Craig

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 11:36 PM

Second such report I've seen today.

As a Test:

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Create Library'

Import a few pics into this new, blank library. Is the Problem repeated there?

Post back with the result.

5 replies

Mar 30, 2015 9:23 AM in response to Craig Forster1

The iPhoto preference file might be wonky. Try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents the following folder: User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: For Mavericks and Yosemite, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

User uploaded file

iphoto fails to render files for export to certain folders after upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.