Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All messages will only show the latest message received, but not the rest of the conversation until I send a response

I'm having some issues with my messages, text and iMessage. When I receive a message it will only show the last one sent from that person, even if they have sent me multiple texts. I am then not able to see the rest of the conversation until I send a response back. Even then the message takes longer to send than when messages is working properly. I've tried resetting and restarting the phone and it is still doing the same thing. It has done this in the past and restarting the phone usually worked, but I recently did the latest software update and it is now doing this consistently. Anyone have any similar issues or ideas to maybe try and fix it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:30 AM

Hey Olivia,

If you are having an issue with your iPhone only showing the most recent message of a conversation in the Messages application, and you have already tried restarting and resetting the iPhone, the next thing to try would be to back up any data on the iPhone, erase it and set it up as a new device. See this article for directions -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing,

Brett L

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 9:30 AM in response to olivia.richardson6

Hey Olivia,

If you are having an issue with your iPhone only showing the most recent message of a conversation in the Messages application, and you have already tried restarting and resetting the iPhone, the next thing to try would be to back up any data on the iPhone, erase it and set it up as a new device. See this article for directions -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing,

Brett L

All messages will only show the latest message received, but not the rest of the conversation until I send a response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.