Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suggestion on Applecare for Apple.

I strongly suggest Apple takes the opportunity to contact buyers of new Apple hardware especially if it was bought at another reseller than an apple store as to contact them after a short time and suggest to that buyer to take applecare and tack it on their iCloud subscription on a monthly basis or by itself to make the app. 10% price of this new device easier to justify to perhaps a loved one or ones self that it is only a small monthly amount irrevocable thus everyone would have an easier time taking it. of course this shouldn't be necessary but that is the electronics quality today. Another thing is the stores should offer to put parts that are not new in a machine that is out of guarantee when the part far surpasses the 30% worth of the machine. It's better than having to scrap an already expensive machine and Apple would become the champion of the customer service. More than now. Just some thoughts

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:23 PM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 2:57 PM in response to Sylvain Robichaud1

Although your idea sounds good, I would be absolutely livid getting a cold call trying to sell me anything; where I come from, those calls are considered an invasion of privacy and not allowed (or subject to a hefty fine). FWIW, you do not have to buy Applecare at the same time you are buying the Mac - you have not only 364 days to buy it, but you also do not have to buy it from Apple (as long as you buy a legit retail version). I've never bought it from Apple; my favorite supplier is http://www.lacomputercompany.com/cgi-bin/rpcart/index.cgi?command=listitems&type =group&group=appcare with considerable savings. Having said that, Applecare for iPhone or iPads is only available from Apple and, unless you purchase it at the time of your iDevice purchase, Apple wants to see your purchase receipt and to inspect your device for damage before selling you the Applecare (for very obvious reasons).

As for new vs. used parts: in the hardware warranties, it states that Apple can/will use either new or refurbished parts, so it may be that a refurbished part was not available?

Suggestion on Applecare for Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.