Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a new 5S which copied all my data from a broken 5s...my daughter has a 4and we share the same Apple ID...now her contacts are in mine and calls and texts from her friends are coming to my phone although they are calling her phone number..fix?

my new phone is picking up my daughters phone contacts,texts and FaceTime even though users are dialing her number...how to fix? My number works properly

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:14 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Lechnep1

In the phone settings, you can select which ways you will receive your iMessages. Settings - iMessage - Send and Receive I think.

As for Contacts, well, you have the same AppleID so your contacts in the cloud are the same. Were your contacts just on your phone before? Maybe hers were in the cloud and yours were only on your phone?

EDIT: if yours were only on your phone before, you can turn off the iCloud account in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Got a new 5S which copied all my data from a broken 5s...my daughter has a 4and we share the same Apple ID...now her contacts are in mine and calls and texts from her friends are coming to my phone although they are calling her phone number..fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.