Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari has a virus???

I just downloaded and installed Yosemite from the Apple Store, and now my Safari won't open and it says my Safari is infected with a virus??? The reason I bought Macs is because they are virus-proof right? How can I trash Safari and reinstall the "virus-free" version???

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:10 PM

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If that doesn't work, temporarily disconnect the computer from the Internet.

That's a scam popup, not a virus; deleting and reinstalling Safari isn't part of solving this issue.

(125095)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 1:10 PM in response to nlavecchia

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If that doesn't work, temporarily disconnect the computer from the Internet.

That's a scam popup, not a virus; deleting and reinstalling Safari isn't part of solving this issue.

(125095)

Safari has a virus???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.