Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using OS X and am trying to set up a HP ENVY 5660 e printer and the drivers are not listed. I read somewhere not to use the install disk. What do I do?

I am using OS X and am trying to set up a HP ENVY 5660 e printer and the drivers are not listed. I read somewhere not to use the install disk. What do I do?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:06 PM

You should first check the HP support site to see if they have compatible drivers for download. The most recent Apple package is: Apple HP Printer Drivers 2.16.1.

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 6:08 AM in response to Kappy

Your suggestion was a good one and what I found was that to use this and any other printer I looked at is that I need to update the operating system to a later version. I have been reluctant in the past to do this after reading update horror stories and since this computer does what I need and very well. Was glad I moved over from windows and this is the first problem I have had. Thanks for your help and any other suggestions you may have.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.