Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I fix my macbook pro retina or replace it?

Currently I need to replace my battery as it only lasts about an hour on full charge on my 15' retina as well as possibly getting a new screen. Am I better off selling this laptop for what I can get and buying a new one, or getting my current laptop fixed? It runs flawlessly, it just has some cosmetic damage and the battery dies quickly. I'm not sure how much it will cost to replace the battery and the monitor, but I feel as though I am better off just getting the newer laptop with the faster GHZ. Bigger solid state hard drive, and the fact that it would be new. Any clue how much I could get for my laptop, or how much it would be to repair the damages?

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:55 PM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2015 2:02 PM in response to JoeThePro

How old is your MBP?

Before you can make any decision at all you really need to know how much it is going to cost. I suggest that you make an appoint meant at your local Apple Store and find that out.

While you are there you can check out the new Macs.

Once you have all that data then and only then can you decide what is the correct decision for you.

Should I fix my macbook pro retina or replace it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.