Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the ipod touch 5g faster than the iphone 4s?

I have been watching some videos of ios running on these two devices and I would have to say, the ipod touch seems like it is running WAY more smoothly than the iphone. I think the ipod is also faster becasue my mom has a 4s that is on ios 8 and it runs very choppy compared to the ipod. For example, when you unlock the ipod the animations are smooth but on the iphone it is kinda choppy. Is there any difference in processor, ram or anything else that makes the ipod faster or is it because the 4s has alot of used up memory from apps that makes it slow?

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:47 AM

The 5G has:

1 GHz (underclocked to 800 MHz) dual-coreARM Cortex-A9 Apple A5 (S5L8942)

512 GB of RAM

PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU

The 4S has

1 GHz (underclocked to 800 MHz) dual-coreARM Cortex-A9Apple A5(SoC)[253]

512 MB of RAM

PowerVRSGX543MP2 (dual-core, 200 MHz) GPU

Thus they seems to be the same. However, since the iPod does not have cellular it may be faster since it doe snot have to keep checking for cellular connections

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 1:47 AM in response to iBoss123

The 5G has:

1 GHz (underclocked to 800 MHz) dual-coreARM Cortex-A9 Apple A5 (S5L8942)

512 GB of RAM

PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU

The 4S has

1 GHz (underclocked to 800 MHz) dual-coreARM Cortex-A9Apple A5(SoC)[253]

512 MB of RAM

PowerVRSGX543MP2 (dual-core, 200 MHz) GPU

Thus they seems to be the same. However, since the iPod does not have cellular it may be faster since it doe snot have to keep checking for cellular connections

Is the ipod touch 5g faster than the iphone 4s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.