Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deauthorize not working iphone 4s

Trying to sell my iphone 4s. I have deauthorized it in the cloud but the person i sold it to still cannot set it up. i erased all the content on my old phone already. Suggestions?

iPhone 4S, Other OS

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:39 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 9:20 AM in response to stockin02

Hey stockin02,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you sold the device and they are having trouble setting it up. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you no longer have your iOS device

If you didn't follow the steps above before selling or giving away your iOS device:

1. Ask the new owner to erase all content and settings as described above.
  2. If you're using iCloud and Find My iPhone on the device, you can erase the device remotely and remove it from your account by signing in to icloud.com/find, selecting the device, and clicking Erase. When the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. After you erase the device, you'll need to wait 24 hours before you can activate iMessage on your new device.
  3. If you're unable to complete either of the above steps, you should change your Apple ID password. Changing your password won't remove any personal information that is cached on the device, but it will make sure that the new owner can't delete your information from iCloud.
  4. Deregister iMessage if you're switching to a non-Apple phone.

If you're using Apple Pay, you can also remove your credit or debit cards at iCloud.com. Just choose Settings to see which devices are using Apple Pay, then click your device and click Remove next to Apple Pay.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

deauthorize not working iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.