Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I haven't been able to update my iPad 2 to IOS 8 because I do not have enough storage available. If I buy more iCloud storage (20 GB) would that enable me to download the new IOS or is that a different storage. Hope this makes sense to y'all.

I haven't been able to update my iPad 2 IOS 8 because I do not have enough storage available. I have deleted as many apps and photos as I can and still not enough. If I buy more iCloud storage would that take care of the problem or is that a different kind of storage?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:54 PM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 3:00 PM in response to Rocky29

No, iCloud storage is for storing documents & data/backups to the Cloud. You need to free up space on your iPad either by deleting unwanted apps, Photos or Music. What is the Storage capacity of your iPad? You can view what is using storage by going into Settings->General->Usage. Under Storage tap Manage Storage. You will see a list of apps & how much space each is using. You can delete unwanted ones from there.

I haven't been able to update my iPad 2 to IOS 8 because I do not have enough storage available. If I buy more iCloud storage (20 GB) would that enable me to download the new IOS or is that a different storage. Hope this makes sense to y'all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.