Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad: black screen when battery has charge

Some mUser uploaded fileonths ago, somebody walked on my friend's ipad 2 (model A1395 16GB) and broke the digitizer. The ipad was working with the touchscreen broken. It was then left untouhed for 2 or 3 months. My friend learned that I know a bit about electronics and computer and was capable and willing to help do a straight digitizer swap. She then bought the kit User uploaded fileonline and I have replaced the digitizer for her.

The problem now is this:

- when the battery is empty and I plug the ipad in the mains and press the home button, the screen shows for a few seconds, in the middle on a blue background, the empty battery with 3 red lines at the bottom. So the screen is woring, OK?

- wrong! When I come back after having waited for the battery to charge (wether it is 30 minutes, 2 hours or 24 hours), pressing the home the first time give me a kind of explosion or passing wave of light on the screen, lasting less than a second, then the screen stays black. No matter how many times I press the home button afterwards, the backlights light up but the screen remains black.

- after reading a few forums, I have tried the "spanking" method, or the way I do it it is the "light tapping" method, getting progressively stronger but always controlled (it's not my ipad). Of all the sisty or seventy taps I must have made at different times, I got a result only once: for 1 or 2 seconds I saw a screen (I think blue but can't be certain) with a turning circle in the middle. I think it was a circle made of dashes but I can't be sure, it was so brief! It was definitely animated though!

I don't screen the screen is broken, because it displays perfectly the empty battery logo.

What could happens that means the screen does not display when the battery is charged? Has anybody got any ideas?

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 4:11 PM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 6:53 PM in response to Skydiver119

Hi Skydiver,

so is there a different circuit for power when the batteries are not working? I am just wondering why the screen work in that instance.

It seems as if we should have sent the ipad back to Apple straight away. It seems simple enough to change the digitizer though...

Should I try now to change the battery? We seem to have nothing to loose.

ipad: black screen when battery has charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.