Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Repair after new photos in iPhoto?

I recently noticed that sometimes (once every 2-3 months) the disk repair (in disk utility) I have to perform is associated to new photos importation in iPhoto.

This usually happen when I have to import big photo volumes.

For example, today I had to import almost 1000 photos and during scan disk I had about 10 error about incorrect blocks associates to photos. I crosscheck those photos and they were ok. I did disk repair with CMD-R after during restart. Everything was performed correctly and now no error anymore.

Is there any special thing have to worry about since this often happens in association with iPhoto?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 3:31 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 11:35 PM in response to Jet787

There is something awry there but no idea what. I frequently deal in larger batches of images and have performed disk repairs about 5 times in owning Mac for more than 20 years. Whatever issue you're having is not to do with iPhoto. I'd ask on the forum for your particulate Mac why you're repairing the disk so often.

Disk Repair after new photos in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.