Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage isnt working from iPhone 4s to iPhone 6

since updating the iOS 8.2 on my iPhone 6 and because I have all iPhones in my house in one iTunes account my husbands and daughter have iPhones 4s and iMessage will not work... The "waiting on activation" stays there and will not work... I resart iPhone... I put on and off imessage and facetime and I reset twice both iPhones too.. And still imessage will not work... we cannot text each other.. What we can do

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 4:22 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 9:49 AM in response to Valfromvalleystreamny

Hello Valfromvalleystreamny,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of the issue you are describing. If you are having activation issues with iMessage after a recent update, and/or are unable to send or receive messages, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, I'm unclear if this is what you meant, but if you were saying that all of your devices are sharing the same Apple ID/iTunes account, that would generally not be recommended, as noted here:

Can I share my Apple ID with someone else?

You shouldn't share your Apple ID account information with other people. Each person should have their own Apple ID.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

iMessage isnt working from iPhone 4s to iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.