Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grouping photos within events

I want to group my photos within Events. So for example I want to create an Events sorted by year of activity and then within that Event group the photos by "sub Event" like "Holiday to Somewhere". So when I search I can find all photos from 2015 in one Event and then look for activities during the year.

I do not want to combine currently seperate Events by date into one as this is too large to work with.

I have looked at creating an Album named by year but again from what I can see this then ungroups photos and they appear in the Album as individual photos.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Rusty

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 4:06 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 11:32 PM in response to russellfromblackburn south

I want to group my photos within Events. So for example I want to create an Events sorted by year of activity and then within that Event group the photos by "sub Event" like "Holiday to Somewhere". So when I search I can find all photos from 2015 in one Event and then look for activities during the year

Not possible.

That's exactly what Albums are for:

Create a folder called 2015

Create Albums from the various happenings during 2015, drag them to the folder.

Click on the folder: see all the images from 2015, click on the albums to see only the specific events.

I have looked at creating an Album named by year but again from what I can see this then ungroups photos and they appear in the Album as individual photos.

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by that.

Grouping photos within events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.