Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook air is running slow when playing movies

anyone! my macbook air is running low when playing movies and I also noticed when opening certain websites, any suggestions on how clean the computer or fix the issue!

Thank you much

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 5:17 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 10:12 AM in response to ana1773gar

Hi ana1773gar,

I understand your MacBook Air is not performing as expected. The following article provides troubleshooting steps which can help with performance issues:

OS X Yosemite: If your Mac runs slowly

If you find your Mac is running slowly, there are a number of potential causes that you can check.

An app you’re using may require more memory than your computer has easily available. To see how much memory your computer has, choose Apple menu > About This Mac, then click Memory. See the help that came with the app to see its system requirements.

To find out how to increase your computer’s memory, choose Apple menu > About This Mac, click Memory, then click Memory Upgrade Instructions in the lower-left corner.

documentation that came with the app to its system requirements.

• To see what processor your computer has, choose Apple menu > About This Mac, then click Overview.

• To see what graphics card your computer has, choose Apple menu > About This Mac, then click Displays. The name of the graphics card in your computer is displayed in the middle of the window.

Your computer’s startup disk may not have enough free disk space. To make disk space available, move files to another disk, then delete files you no longer need on the startup disk.

Quit any apps you’re not using.

If you have problems with your disk, use Disk Utility to verify and try and fix any issues.

Use Activity Monitor to see if a particular app or activity is making a large demand on your Mac.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

my macbook air is running slow when playing movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.