Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPasswordChangeAllowed failed

Hello,

Yosemite 10.10.2 Server (4.0.3) crashed after a power outage and corrupted Open Directory. Various Time Machine restores didn't fix the issue, so more drastic measures had to be taken. Managed to recover it eventually by destroying LDAP and restoring an archive, however, I seem to be unable to change passwords for Local Network Users. In the Users pane of Server app I select the Local Network Users and need to click the lock on the bottom of the screen to proceed. When prompted for the (dir)admin credentials, they no longer work. Have tried using terminal command as described here (OS X Server: How to reset the Open Directory administrator password - Apple Support) and any of your help is very much appreciated here!!

I get the following result in Terminal after setting a new password :

Result: Server is unwilling to perform (53)

Additional info: APPasswordChangeAllowed failed

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Server 4.0.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 5:33 PM

1 reply

APPasswordChangeAllowed failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.