Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off all effects on vocal track?

Why is this so difficult? All I want is a vocal track with no effects. I used to just choose "no effects" but that option is gone.

I have turned everything off I can find and there's still reverb or echo or some such thing. Grr...

Frustrated. Been at this for hours!

Thanks for any insight.

Garageband 10.0.3 btw.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:37 PM

3 replies

Aug 12, 2018 1:02 AM in response to léonie

Thanks Leonie.

I thought it would be that simple but I tried that. I have no effects boxes enabled, but still the reverb persists.

I'm beginning to think this has to be a bug. I'm not an expert at this stuff but I would think that everything being turned off would kill the reverb. I wouldn't mind a little noise gate and compression, I can control these.

However, if I use Quicktime and make an audio file the effects are gone, which would suite my purpose, but it only records in left channel and Apple has stripped everything out of Quicktime now so there's no settings to work with.

I'm using a condenser mic through an M-Audio Fast Tracks which connects via USB. The interface adds no effects.

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

How do I turn off all effects on vocal track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.