Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittently when I try to take pictures with my iPhone 5s, the left half of the screen is a solid purple color (sometimes it is black) and the camera will not work. Sometimes when I get out of camera and go back in it works. Whatsup with this?

iphone 5S OS 8.2 model ME487LL/A Sometimes when I try to take a photo, the left side of the screen becomes a solid purple color. Nothing is blocking the lens. Sometime it is a narrow field on the left and sometimes it nearly takes uptake whole screen. Usually the phone will not a take a picture, but tonight I got the phone to capture this event. What is it? Please help!

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2, phone in fine shape

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 6:10 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 11:00 PM in response to krisfromframingham

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the camera. If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Intermittently when I try to take pictures with my iPhone 5s, the left half of the screen is a solid purple color (sometimes it is black) and the camera will not work. Sometimes when I get out of camera and go back in it works. Whatsup with this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.