Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to output 29.97 NTSC HD as PAL HD

Hi,

I shoot mainly in Europe, using my Sony AX-2000. I edit in FCX, and would like to share the finished work with friends in England and Germany.

Past attempts to use Compressor to make a PAL video weren't satisfactory; my friends tell me it was jerky. And since the video was shot in HD, it would be nice to share it in a like quality rather than as a DVD-quality equivalent.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to get North American HD to output as PAL HD?

Thanks,

Marg

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:47 PM

4 replies

Mar 30, 2015 4:41 AM in response to margb

In the Inspector change the Frame Rate to 25 and in the Re-Tme Quality foeld, change to Better(Motion Adaptive).

The results you get will partly be determined by how much motion is taking pace in your content,

It's a slow process, so set in and out points to mark a short, challenging section and evaluate the output.

Post back and let us know. (There are some alternative solutions.)

Russ

Apr 2, 2015 8:08 PM in response to Russ H

Hi, Russ,

Getting back to you faster than I thought. I chose a short 2:20 trailer for the test, dragged the .mov file into position in Compressor, but can't figure out how to structure a custom setting for transcoding. The choices are things like MPEG4, QuickTIme Movie, QuickTime Export Components - it's confusing in the new, simplified Compressor. Is there really a way to set up a custom setting that will take a .mov file, give you the option to change it to 25 fps, choose motion adapted, and select "burn a Blu-ray disc" as output?

How to output 29.97 NTSC HD as PAL HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.